Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: FYI: Tax rates going up

i know Sudszy is copping a hard time here because he is on the side of a carbon dioxide tax, and reducing co2 .
lets assume , nobody knows anything about science here . we do know , pollution makes you sick , and carbon dioxide will kill you ( thats why we breathe it out ) we also know that the worlds population growth is out of control , and increasing exponentially, we also know that the industrial age of the west, which is approximately 120 years old , is now whittling down to the poorest nations ( highest populated regions on earth - exponentially) . 30 years ago cars were not used in china and india except for a very small % of the population, lets go forward 30 years from now . will these cultures still be 70 years behind the rest of the world , i know the population will still be exponentially growing .
one thing that will , and does put a doubt on todays arguments are black smog in cities ( blah blah carbon dioxide is clear natural human killing gas i know too ) but what ever we may be arguing about today is only a seed which will become a CROP in the next 10 years >>>>> to whenever .
so please dont just think about today when your debunking the other view point .
of course volcanoes out wiegh all no doubt . but this argument is heavily one sided here , and lets not forget , there might be a monopoly against a carbon emmissions reduction aim , and trading scheme here . but nobody can predict how many supporters there may be . so dont sit blindly on your high horses , big words dont make people right , nor do they make them winners .
we'll all have to wait and see . and one thing i always notice about liberal voters if i must say . they all seem to be of a type that think they cannot be wrong , and are the most arrogant ridiculers in any side of politics . that is what i see anyway . this was shown right up untill they lost the last election .
i know labor party is becoming more like liberals with thier tactics . i guess we will all see the outcome over time . many things will make the young and coming change the view of previous generations , because we havent really been leaving them a better place to take over from in the last 20 years now have we . ???