Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #31
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going off topic... Anyone know how much it will cost to buy a McDonalds franchise?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #32
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

I think it was 100K back in the late 80's early 90's???

Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #33
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard from someone that its around 1 million nowadays.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #34
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
It is fantastic tasting caramel topping, I'll give that to them..
It has their one key ingredient that is as bigger secret as the colonel's 11 secret herbs and spices...

salt...
:
Old 06-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #35
-=FoRdEseries=-

i work at McDonalds.il take a look 4 ya next time im in.. but im pretty sure that the box that they come in just has the mcdonalds 'M' on it without any other brands on it.. il see what i can do.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #36
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
I've never tried the caramel suday as havent found a good caraml tooping since I dotn know when but if its that good I'll give it a crack

What I want to know is who makes the special sauce I love that ****
Main ingredient of Big Mac special sauce is pickles.. Yum

Old 06-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #37
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
Going off topic... Anyone know how much it will cost to buy a McDonalds franchise?
dont know, but i do know you cant just buy one.
you actually have to work your way up to a manager before Maccas will allow you to purchase a franchise.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #38
-=FoRdEseries=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
you actually have to work your way up to a manager before Maccas will allow you to purchase a franchise.
You dont necessairly have to work your way up to own a restraunt, you can get training to be a manager with no prior experiance, but you also have to do a few courses on top of that. To purchase a store that is already running -reffering to someone who already owns a store or 2- i would guess it would be around the 1.5-2 million mark.. so it isnt that cheap.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #39
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

its 1million + to buy into the franchise itself... u do need to train as a manager but u dont ever actually have to be one...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #40
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
What ever it is ... it'll kill you like the rest of the crap they and other fast food outlets sell.
OH NO I"m Going to die!! I've been eating Maccas -and other brands before Maccas came to OZ- for over 20yrs!

Gee I wish I'd found this out sooner
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #41
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't maccas losing heaps of money anyway? Or was that just a couple years ago?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #42
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
sundae toppings - Allberry House Ltd.
Meat - OSI International Foods
Fries - Simplot Australia (head office in Mentone)
Cheese - Fonterra Brands (Kraft)
Lettuce - GSF Australia

thanks! google, here I come .............
Old 06-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #43
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
thanks! google, here I come .............
looks like they are in NZ
Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #44
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would that caramel sauce be the same as what they give to maccas though? Surely you could order some over here...

Looks like NZ is good for one thing!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #45
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Wasn't Gavin Wanganeen given a MacDonalds when he signed with Port Adelaide???? Vaguely remember that rumour floating around.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #46
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I think they they get all of that from Masterfoods corp.

They come to Maccas in sealed 1 litre bags. The pouches are plain unmarked other than the flavour and use by.

It could also be Cadbury but the stuff that Maccas gets from them is usually branded and marked like Flake and the McFlurry toppings
this is all true.

i work at Maccas.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #47
peyote
Grandpa EF Wagon

McDonalds Big Mac Sauce

This recipe is from the 1968 McDonald's Manager's Handbook put out in 1969 (1968 year) They quickly removed the recipe after realizing they had a very appealing "secret sauce." It was included as an emergency recipe in the event a particular store ran out of the pre-made sauce. Enjoy!

1/4 C. KRAFT Miracle Whip
1/4 C. mayonnaise
2 T. heaping, WISHBONE deluxe French
salad dressing (the orange stuff)
1/2 T. HEINZ sweet relish
2 heaping tsp. VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz
dill relish also works)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried, minced onion
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. ketchup
1/8 tsp. salt

Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using (to allow all of the flavors to "meld"). Makes nearly 1 cup...enough for about 8 Big Macs
Old 07-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Fries i thought were simplot, at least they are in NSW.
yes they are, and some from McCain as well- which is where all that NZ fries crap came from, cause McCain has a warehouse over there or something..

the distribution centre is in bessemer street in blacktown
Old 07-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #49
-=FoRdEseries=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
this is all true.

i work at Maccas.

2nd that..
Old 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #50
-=FoRdEseries=-

Yeah i took a look at the caramal sundae topping box, i didnt catch the name, but the lable on the box says its made in new zealand.. If ya really want some caramal topping, just go into a maccas and ask if you can get a sundae cup filled with caramal topping. they may think 'what the hell is this guy on?' but its prob worth it if you like it alot.

heres an interesting thing that maccas does, you can get a sundae lid filled with pickles for free, you can even get a cup filled with pickles, but you have to pay for the cup. I have only been asked about the cup filled with pickles twice and happly gave it to m. Cant remember how much it was though.. Hope that helps.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #51
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Maccas management are very accommodating people. My wife used to buy cartons of straws there for her hairdressing salon
Old 07-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #52
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Maccas management are very accommodating people. My wife used to buy cartons of straws there for her hairdressing salon

We used to have one of the Bowling Clubs buy a Box of 4:1 meat (Quater Pounder Meat) of us. They averaged one box a fortnight.

Pickles come in Buckets (that are just the right size for washing cars). I still have three or four of them. The bucket is worth more than the Pickles inside of them. For the Maccas employees, wait until you have a easy going McManager, and ask for one of them. They only get returned to the depot, and cost the store nothing.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #53
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here is a bit of trivia. Where was the first Maccas located that went bankrupt? A: Goulburn. The owner there thought this is not how you make a burger, this is how you make one. Why are the fries thin, people like thick fries. Changed the whole menue and it went bankrupt.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 07-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #54
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
We used to have one of the Bowling Clubs buy a Box of 4:1 meat (Quater Pounder Meat) of us. They averaged one box a fortnight.

Pickles come in Buckets (that are just the right size for washing cars). I still have three or four of them. The bucket is worth more than the Pickles inside of them. For the Maccas employees, wait until you have a easy going McManager, and ask for one of them. They only get returned to the depot, and cost the store nothing.
yep 15L buckets.

i did enquire to my managers about getting the used oil, a mate of mine makes BioDiesel. but they have a contracter pick it up, so no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Here is a bit of trivia. Where was the first Maccas located that went bankrupt? A: Goulburn. The owner there thought this is not how you make a burger, this is how you make one. Why are the fries thin, people like thick fries. Changed the whole menue and it went bankrupt.

i gotta ask how this happened? Maccas has a FIXED menu. in concrete. you CANNOT change it. hmmm oh well.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #55
jonk

Mcdonalds restaurant costs over 2 million minimum. In the US all the stores are owned by Mcdonalds, it was the only way they had control over bad managers - different legal system caused that problem over there compared to our situation in Oz. Nearly all maccas owners in Oz have multiple restaurants because owning a single one isn't viable anymore, that's how bad it is.

Plus the head office can be real onerous to deal with for owners, especially when HO opens up another franchise down the road which they have a habit of doing thereby draining goodwill from the original store.

The maccas in Victor Harbor S.A. is owned by a bloke from Victoria who runs two other stores in Melbourne somewhere, that's how they operate nowadays. It's hard for new people to get in because current owners get first pick but they're not the 'goldmines' they once were a few years ago.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #56
HLC
Audi S3

CARAMEL TOPPING

ok, all you guys who wanted this owe me a beer.

today at work i snapped a piccie of the topping box. this is the manufacturer. so go for your life.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #57
BlackLS

In the Campbelltown/Macarthur region there was a Maccas Franchise owner called Ken Tagg, who in the end ran 11 Maccas franchises, trading under "McDonalds Macarthur" and running from 1980s to until the time he retired in 2002, he became the largest Maccas franchise owner in Australia.

In the late 90s, Maccas head office opened up a store in Eagle Vale, which was in the middle of his franchise area. ****ed off about this, he made up a rediculous amount of vouchers of free food. On the coupon, it read "Redeemable at any McDonalds Macathur stores". He then did a letterbox drop to every house in Eagle Vale and the surrounding suburbs.

The customers, thinking McDonalds Macathur stores were those stores of the Macarthur region, then went to their local Eagle Vale Maccas, where the vouchers were initially refused. After seeing sales completely drop off, they began accepting vouchers. Ken did more letterbox drops for free food and Maccas EV ran at a loss.

A few months went buy and Ken offered to buy out the failing Maccas store.

Upon retiring 4 or so years later, he sold it back to Maccas for 3 times what he paid for.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #58
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
In the Campbelltown/Macarthur region there was a Maccas Franchise owner called Ken Tagg, who in the end ran 11 Maccas franchises, trading under "McDonalds Macarthur" and running from 1980s to until the time he retired in 2002, he became the largest Maccas franchise owner in Australia.

Ken had a brother, Frank, who had most of the McDonald's stores in the Shire. The only way to make money out of a McDonald's was to get in early, and stick with it. The store that I worked for was testament for that.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #59
Bossxr8
Peter Car

My GF asked for a sundae cup just full of caramel topping a few weeks ago and they charged her $10 for it. I'd hate to know what a bag of it would cost.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #60
stang65
FPRJET

**** I`ve logged onto one of my wifes recipe hunting forums, how do I get out was looking for ford forums to many cooks here. LOL
Closed Thread